A Cambridge University course for German Prisoners of War was held in early 1948, with the prisoners based at the Trumpington PoW camp. There are two photographs in the Cambridgeshire Collection.
This is one of a number of pages about Trumpington PoW Camp.
The first photograph was captioned “A Cambridge University course for German Prisoners-of-war was being held in 1948: listening to the opening lecture given by C.W. Guillibaud at St John’s College. About 200 prisoners attended this six-week course organised by the Board of Extra Mural Studies in 1948, which terminated in mid-March. A wide variety of subjects was covered and half the lectures were given in German and half in English”.
The second photograph was captioned “While the special course for German Prisoners-of-war was being held at Cambridge University in 1948, the prisoners were moved to a special camp at Trumpington”.