1881 Census of Trumpington

This is part of a census project by the Trumpington Local History Group to transcribe the nine censuses for the parish of Trumpington from 1841 to 1921. This page has an introduction to the 1881 census and a PDF file with the Trumpington Census Transcript, 1881. If you find an error, or wish to make any comments, please contact us.
Census of 3rd April 1881
RG11/1663 Enumeration District 11

Enumerator: George E Hutt

“The whole of the Civil Parish of Trumpington, comprising Trumpington Village, Gamekeeper’s Cottage, Houses and cottage near Stone Bridge, Blands farm and Cottages, Jones’ Farm & cottage, Jones’ House and Cottages, another house near these, Oakeys farm & cottages, Cottages near the mill including Sayles House, & Whitmore’s house on Cambridge Road, Cottage at Dagling End, Manor House & Anstey Hall with Servants’ cottages, Cottages in Grantchester Lane, House in Parson’s Fields, Weighbridge House Cottage & cottage adjoining, Railway Gate House, Cavendish College* and Butler’s Cottage Hills Road”.

* not transcribed here.

The only road to be given house numbers is Swan’s Yard.

Extract from the 1901 Ordnance Survey map, showing Southacre to the north east of Latham Road, built in 1880 for Reverend Henry Latham. Henry Latham and servants were living at Southacre (Cambridge Road) in 1881.

Extract from 1901 Ordnance Survey map, showing Southacre to the north east of Latham Road, built in 1880 for Reverend Henry Latham. Henry Latham and servants were living at Southacre (Cambridge Road) in 1881.
Extract from 1901 Ordnance Survey map, showing Southacre to the north east of Latham Road, built in 1880 for Reverend Henry Latham. Henry Latham and servants were living at Southacre (Cambridge Road) in 1881.