1891 Census of Trumpington

This is part of a census project by the Trumpington Local History Group to transcribe the eight censuses for the parish of Trumpington from 1841 to 1911. This page has an introduction to the 1891 census and a PDF file with the Trumpington Census Transcript, 1891. If you find an error, or wish to make any comments, please contact us.
Census of 5th April 1891
RG12/1282 Enumeration District 3

Enumerator: George E Hutt

“Comprising Trumpington Village, Game-keepers cottage, Houses near Stone Bridge now called Chaucer Road, Blands Farm and Cottages, Houses in the said Farm Road and Houses in the Trumpington Road leading from Cambridge. Jones’ farm & cottages. Jones’ House & cottages. Vawser’s House in field & cottages near. Oakey’s farm and cottages. Houses near the Mill including Bumpsted’s House & Lodge and new Residences in Mill Road approaching Village. Cottage at Dagling End, the Manor House and Anstey Hall & Cottages in lane leading to Grantchester. House in the field & Parson’s farm House. Weighbridge Houses. Railway Gate House and Cavendish College* Hills Road. The Glebe Farm on Shelford Road. New Cottages in Alpha Terrace in the Village”.

* not transcribed here.

The only road to be given house numbers is Alpha Terrace.

Extract from 1885 Ordnance Survey map of Trumpington, with Anstey Hall and Church Farm. There were three servants living at Anstey Hall in the 1891 census (the owner was not present).

Extract from 1885 Ordnance Survey map of Trumpington, with Anstey Hall and Church Farm. There were three servants living at Anstey Hall in the 1891 census (the owner was not present).
Extract from 1885 Ordnance Survey map of Trumpington, with Anstey Hall and Church Farm. There were three servants living at Anstey Hall in the 1891 census (the owner was not present).